Maybe I'm Amazed

Rules for Living by Tim W. Jackson (and why some people are just plain idiots)

Name:
Location: Radford, Virginia, United States

I'm a guy, just a regular guy, who likes to observe life and occasionally write about those observations. I live in southwest Virginia where I work, live, and try to be a decent citizen.

Thursday, October 27

Kansas City Here I Am

On the road again ... after just a few days back in Radford, including the opportunity to celebrate my daughter's birthday (which is actually tomorrow 10/28), I am now in Kansas City for a convention. I have flown three times in a month, and each time I have flown from Roanoke, Va., and then had major delays at my connecting airport. First it was Dulles, then Charlotte, and last night in Detroit. I must say, though, that the Detroit airport was pretty nice, so at least there were a few things to occupy my time as I spent three hours there.

The reason our flight was delayed last night was because the flight crew was delayed. Here's my suggestion: There needs to be a backup flight crew on call at all times. They can live at the airport like firemen live at the station. When one crew is delayed, they sound the alarm in the flight crew airport station, the backup crew puts on their uniforms, slides down a pole, and comes to the rescue of poor stranded travelers like me!!

Well, this is a short entry, but more to come soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Universally Loved,
So glad to see you're blogging on the road! (Although I notice you're linkless on this one...Perhaps you're missing your technological guru?) And congrats on the loads of comments you're getting, too. Isn't blogging great?

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL wow, I can't believe I'm using net jargon! Loved your image of the flight crew sliding down the pole--esp. after an experience last year when my daughter and I sat in a plane for 3 hours, first due to a weather delay and then because the flight crew had worked too many hours and replacements had to rounded up. Obviously not from their bunks above the hangar! P.S. Happy Birthday to Anna!

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home