Maybe I'm Amazed

Rules for Living by Tim W. Jackson (and why some people are just plain idiots)

Name:
Location: Radford, Virginia, United States

I'm a guy, just a regular guy, who likes to observe life and occasionally write about those observations. I live in southwest Virginia where I work, live, and try to be a decent citizen.

Friday, October 28

Good Music, and Birthday Wishes

So tonight (Thursday night/early Friday morning) after dinner at an Italian restaurant in Seville Plaza somewhere, I'm out in KC at an establishment that features a band that plays covers. Normally I'm not into cover bands. Not much respect for groups that don't write their own music. But this group was fun. They played everything from EW&F's "Let's Groove" to Salt-n-Peppa's "Push It" to the Gap Band's "Let It Whip" and even some song by the Rolling Stones, which one escapes me at the moment but I remeber at the time thinking, "Wow, this is the Rolling Stones."

Interestingly, at about 1 or 1:30 a group of people started coming in who had apparently been to a Halloween party. We had Supergirl, Spiderman, a flapper, the shorts-wearing guy from Reno 911, a French maid, a sailor, a hockey player ... most were not original costumes, but it was fascinating to see folks dancing in such an odd variety of attire. A good evening.

And as I realize that I am now a few hours into Friday, Oct. 28, I'd like to wish a very happy birthday to my daughter, Anna Grace Jackson, who is six years old today. My how time flies. I can still remember her coming into this world with lots of black, straight hair, which all fell out within a couple of months. Now she's got locks of brown curls and is an amazing child. I do indeed wish her the best.

Sleep seems necessary and imminent, so goodbye for now, but more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home