Maybe I'm Amazed

Rules for Living by Tim W. Jackson (and why some people are just plain idiots)

Name:
Location: Radford, Virginia, United States

I'm a guy, just a regular guy, who likes to observe life and occasionally write about those observations. I live in southwest Virginia where I work, live, and try to be a decent citizen.

Wednesday, January 10

Weight Watching

I'm hungry! It's true. Over the course of my life, I've never made any sort of serious effort to really improve my eating habits. By eating habits I basically mean I ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. Sure I had the occasional salad, but I also had lots of junk food and such awesome and tasty treats such as fried chicken, barbecue, Buffalo wings, macaroni & cheese, burgers, and lots of chocolate. You get the picture.

But beginning January 2, I started to make a conscious effort to reduce the amount of food I was eating and also to try to eat more healthful foods. It's been a struggle, but a week in, things have been going OK. I have lost a few pounds, so things seem hopeful.

I've also tried to step up the exercise just a bit. Unfortunately, I am hungry—a lot. And that occasionally makes me want to smack someone in the head. But we'll see what happens. Wish me luck. And with any luck, I'll never have to make such a painful New Year's resolution again.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are getting your bloggin' butt kicked by Taryn. She's been writing up a storm. GET busy Mr. Jackson. :)

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home