Maybe I'm Amazed

Rules for Living by Tim W. Jackson (and why some people are just plain idiots)

Name:
Location: Radford, Virginia, United States

I'm a guy, just a regular guy, who likes to observe life and occasionally write about those observations. I live in southwest Virginia where I work, live, and try to be a decent citizen.

Monday, December 19

Christmas Time Is Here

It's hard to believe that Christmas Day is just around the corner. After a long Friday evening of shopping and some additional weekend time getting things ready to ship, it seems most of my Christmas spending and shopping and wrapping (OK, so I didn't actually do any of the wrapping), is over. And I am very, very glad.

Seems like each Christmas I (and probably millions of others) get weary from the holiday hustle and bustle. I know that thousands of articles and blogs and opinion pieces exist about Christmas and its commercialization and the real meaning of the holiday. I won't get into all of the details of those debates. I will just say that while we enjoy or suffer through the holidays, whatever your opinion may be, let's just all be respectful of each other and try to use a little common courtesy. Open a door for someone. Smile and say hello to people you pass on the street. And whether someone says "Happy Holidays" or "Merry Christmas," just nod and say thank you. Isn't life too short to debate whether or not to call something "holiday" or "Christmas?" Are you reading this Bill O'Reilly?

Let's all enjoy the season for whatever it means to us as individuals. If for you it means presents and Santa and for someone else it means Christ's birth and for someone else it's a ridiculous holiday but a good excuse to take a couple of days off, then so be it. No matter what your opinion on the holiday and its meaning, you can still respect those who celebrate it--or don't--in the way that they please.

So there. Can't you feel the love and the true meaning of Christmas? And if you haven't sent me any presents yet, if you send something immediately it can still be here by Christmas. So get off your lazy butt and buy me something!!

Best wishes for a peaceful Christmas season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home