Maybe I'm Amazed

Rules for Living by Tim W. Jackson (and why some people are just plain idiots)

Name:
Location: Radford, Virginia, United States

I'm a guy, just a regular guy, who likes to observe life and occasionally write about those observations. I live in southwest Virginia where I work, live, and try to be a decent citizen.

Wednesday, March 14

Activist Weekend in D.C.

I'm gearing up for an interesting weekend. On Friday, I will accompany a group of friends to see Michael Franti and Spearhead in Washington, D.C. (For those of you near Asheville, he's there tonight and in Norfolk Thursday.)

I learned about Franti from my friend Rick, who had a showing of the DVD "I Know I'm Not Alone" at his house a while back. Rick is a huge Franti fan and convinced some of the rest of us to buy tickets for the show this Friday night at the 930 Club in D.C., which is now sold out!

The following day, we hope to participate in the March on the Pentagon, an anti-war march from the Mall in D.C. to the Pentagon.

Hopefully I will post again after the weekend with updates and possibly photos.

Join us for the march on Saturday!

Until then, remember what Franti sings: We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into peace. Power to the peaceful!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home