Maybe I'm Amazed

Rules for Living by Tim W. Jackson (and why some people are just plain idiots)

Name:
Location: Radford, Virginia, United States

I'm a guy, just a regular guy, who likes to observe life and occasionally write about those observations. I live in southwest Virginia where I work, live, and try to be a decent citizen.

Tuesday, March 21

Fun in Floyd


On Friday, Taryn and I visited Floyd, Va. After a quick stop at Harvest Moon, we had lunch at the Blue Ridge Restaurant, which featured classic homestyle Southern food. The rest of the afternoon was spent hanging around the town, going to Farmer's Hardware, Schoolhouse Fabrics, The Pickin' Porch, an antiques shop some galleries and then to dinner at Oddfella's, where the band Avatar played Irish music.

Friends Ken and Sue came down from Roanoke for dinner and then we all four went to the Floyd Country Store. Several bands played, including the Bubbatones, seen here. And before the night was over, turns out I was the big winner. They had a drawing, and my number was called. Now I am the owner of a fine canned ham. Mmmm mmm. Can't wait to dig in to my packaged pork product!

Stay tuned for more pictures and info about last weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home