Maybe I'm Amazed

Rules for Living by Tim W. Jackson (and why some people are just plain idiots)

Name:
Location: Radford, Virginia, United States

I'm a guy, just a regular guy, who likes to observe life and occasionally write about those observations. I live in southwest Virginia where I work, live, and try to be a decent citizen.

Monday, June 5

Keith Olbermann Calls Out Bill O'Reilly—Again!


Somebody please tell me why anyone watches Bill O'Reilly. I honestly cannot understand this blowhard's appeal. His No Spin Zone is quite the opposite; it's nothing BUT spin. Occasionally, though, someone in the mainstream media has the courage to call out O'Reilly on his abhorrent lies, and that person is usually MSNBC's Keith Olbermann. With pathetic shows like Scarborough Country and Hardball, it's easy to forget that Olbermann's smart and witty Countdown show is out there trying to purvey the truth.

Olbermann and O'Reilly have had a bit of afeud for quite a while now, but fortunately Olbermann refuses to back down. And after a recent horrible lie perpetrated by O'Reilly, Olberman took several minutes of his show's time to set the record straight. Olbermann was obviously disturbed about O'Reilly's lie, and let him know about it. You can see it in this video clip!

A salute to Keith Olbermann, a news guy with a conscience and obviously with a nose for the truth. And to Bill O'Reilly? What can I say? He'll continue with the spin, and, sadly, people will continue to watch.


1 Comments:

Blogger Blake Fought said...

I'm an avid O'Reilly fan but I certainly agree with you about the "No Spin Zone." I suppose Bill thinks that combating Left-sided spin with Right-sided spin cancels the two out and therefore there is no spin. Who knows? It sure does baffle me.

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home