Maybe I'm Amazed

Rules for Living by Tim W. Jackson (and why some people are just plain idiots)

Name:
Location: Radford, Virginia, United States

I'm a guy, just a regular guy, who likes to observe life and occasionally write about those observations. I live in southwest Virginia where I work, live, and try to be a decent citizen.

Monday, April 24

More Quick Hits

Despite my insistence that I am going to blog more yet I never really seem to do so, the day IS coming. So, this will get you caught up with my life AND offer plenty of excuses for my slacking.

I had a birthday last week! The big day rolled in Thursday (4/20), so I had to take some time to celebrate getting another year older. Come to think of it, why was I "celebrating" getting another year older? Hmmm, beats the alternative, as the say. Well anyway, last week was another very busy week at work, and then the birthday thing, and then Saturday we went to Galax for the day. Friends Ken and Sue joined us for lunch at The Galax Smokehouse for a delicious lunch. It was my second time to visit the Smokehouse and I stand by my assertion that it offers the best barbecue in Southwest Virginia.

After lunch, we stopped by Barr's Fiddle Shop where Taryn picked up a new fiddle. With her birthday just a month away (5/22), I decided it would be a good early birthday present. So as of today, she can play "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and "I'll Fly Away." Not bad. And I'm sure other tunes will be forthcoming.

On Sunday we fired up the grill (which was a birthday present to me!) for the first time. Steaks and hot dogs were the meats of the day because that's what we happened to have on hand, but I'm sure the grill will be a mainstay of meal prep through probably October. Then we did a bit of shopping and I picked up three outfits for my daughter Anna. That was followed up by watching the local band Madrone play on the RU campus. I finally took Anna back to her mom's and returned to Radford by around 8 p.m. Another weekend just about finished.

This is the final week of classes here at RU, so the job should get a bit easier in another week or so as students finish the semester and begin to disappear for the summer. Until then, I'll post if I get a chance!

1 Comments:

Blogger idehilynn said...

You're not just celebrating getting another year older, you're celebrating life. You've had challenges and achievements. You've made it one more year!! You're alive, you're healthy, and you're in love. That my dear, is what you are celebrating!! Congratulations on making it through one more year :)

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home