Maybe I'm Amazed

Rules for Living by Tim W. Jackson (and why some people are just plain idiots)

Name:
Location: Radford, Virginia, United States

I'm a guy, just a regular guy, who likes to observe life and occasionally write about those observations. I live in southwest Virginia where I work, live, and try to be a decent citizen.

Wednesday, March 29

Frankly My Dear, I Don't Give a Ham

As referenced in my blog entry of last week, I was "lucky" enough to win a canned ham from the Floyd Country Store. This week Taryn and I thought we'd be brave and actually try this thing. We had bought some sort of premade mashed potatoes and thought ham and mashed potatoes sounded like a good meal.

Oh were we wrong. Taryn was disgusted by the gelatinous coating and the odd bubbles found in the meat. She chickened out and didn't partake in the fine canned ham. In my first foray into canned hams, I realized that, while the taste isn't terrible, the texture is just plain frightening. It's very inconsistent from normal ham-like texture to chewy to, I don't know, just plain icky. And sadly, the potatoes were bad, too. Really bad.

My culinary advice: Don't eat canned hams or premade mashed potatoes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This may have been an instance when putting lipstick on that pig may have helped! And tasted better. I am worried now about those premade mashed 'taters that are sittin' in the bottom of my fridge.

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taryn only likes ham if its been wrapped in foil :)

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home