Maybe I'm Amazed

Rules for Living by Tim W. Jackson (and why some people are just plain idiots)

Name:
Location: Radford, Virginia, United States

I'm a guy, just a regular guy, who likes to observe life and occasionally write about those observations. I live in southwest Virginia where I work, live, and try to be a decent citizen.

Monday, July 31

Goucher Days Are Here Again

For the past two years, right around the first couple weeks of August, I have been attending an MFA residency at Goucher College in Baltimore.

In the past two years I have done lots of reading and writing and have had four mentor professors who have offered advice about my writing: Kevin Kerrane, Lisa Knopp, Joe Mackall, and Dick Todd.

And over the course of two years I have attended many lectures and lunches and late-night chats. I have met many new friends. Even got a girlfriend out of the deal. Heck, that's ALMOST worth what I've paid for private school tuition! At any rate, my Goucher days are quickly coming to a close.

I will attend Goucher College Aug. 3-6, graduating on Aug. 6 with an MFA in Creative Nonfiction. After that? Who knows? I will be back in Radford, Va., working hard for another academic year at RU. With any luck, some side projects will start to take shape, and I can perhaps use my MFA in some way--preferably to make money to start paying back student loans!! So, all you agents and publishers who read my blog, my manuscript is finished. Now is the time to get into that bidding war to see who wants to publish this literary masterpiece!

So I will probably not be posting to this blog for a while. But check back sometime after Aug. 7 to see if I actually made it across the stage to accept my diploma.

To keep you occupied while I'm away, feel free to visit the Web site for Fellowship of Reconciliation. In such crazy times around the world, FOR still envisions a world of justice, peace, and freedom.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ALMOST?!

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home