Maybe I'm Amazed

Rules for Living by Tim W. Jackson (and why some people are just plain idiots)

Name:
Location: Radford, Virginia, United States

I'm a guy, just a regular guy, who likes to observe life and occasionally write about those observations. I live in southwest Virginia where I work, live, and try to be a decent citizen.

Sunday, May 6

Verizon Update

After wasting a lot of the time on the phone trying to straighten out my billing problems with Verizon, I asked to speak to a manager. After being put on hold for several more minutes, some guy finally picks up. I tell him my situation, and all he tells me is that he apologizes for the problems and then he tries to sell me on getting Direct TV, which is somehow affiliated with Verizon. Are you kidding me? I just said I was thinking about dropping Verizon services because dealing with them has been so difficult and this guy's only comeback is that I should add more Verizon services—without offering to do ANYTHING about the reasons I called?

I wasn't satisfied with that response and wrote an e-mail to Verizon. The space they allow for e-mails is pretty small so I said I had much more to complain about than they offered space for and I would love to speak with someone who might actually do something about it. I received this response:

"We appreciate your feedback and I apologize for the difficulties you've experienced.

I have forwarded your concerns regarding your service experience to the appropriate management team for review. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments.

Thank you for using Verizon. We appreciate your business."

That was it. No additional response has come. Nor do I expect it to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home