Maybe I'm Amazed

Rules for Living by Tim W. Jackson (and why some people are just plain idiots)

Name:
Location: Radford, Virginia, United States

I'm a guy, just a regular guy, who likes to observe life and occasionally write about those observations. I live in southwest Virginia where I work, live, and try to be a decent citizen.

Wednesday, August 16

Oh No He Didn't ... Unfortunately, He Did


As a resident of the proud Commonwealth of Virginia, I have to say that I am saddened and embarrassed by the words and actions of Virginia Sen. George Allen. Allen, a rich, white, arrogant and apparently racist Republican with plenty of entitlement issues was at a campaign stop in far southwest Virginia. You can see what happened here or here and you can read today's editorial in The New York Times about the incident or this article in Salon.

I'll be honest. I haven't really paid a lot of attention to this senatorial race thus far and really know little about Allen's opponent Jim Webb but after Allen's outrageous and offensive remarks, I know I would never vote for George Allen or support George Allen in any way.

And if you're unhappy with Allen's remarks and his degradation of fellow Virginians (and Americans!) then let him now about it by sending him an e-mail!


1 Comments:

Blogger idehilynn said...

just thought you'd like to know, Allen apologized for 'Macaca' remark. Of course, in politics, you can bet apologies are never true, they are just made to make oneself look better:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/08/24/allen.apology.ap/index.html

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home